£50.000 - £65,000 + Bonus + benefits
Currently home-based until lockdown restrictions are fully lifted
Careerwise partnered with an award-winning, product-based software business looking for a SRE Engineer to join their SRE/DevOps Centre of Excellence in the City.
As a SRE Engineer you will work closely with Software Engineers, Development Managers and IT Operations to help them deploy and operate different systems. In addition, you will build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology and deploy new modules, upgrades and complete fixes across the various test and production environments.
The company provide a fantastic working culture and huge tech community presence.
The Successful SRE Engineer will have:
- Strong SRE / DevOps engineering experience
- Experience with UNIX-like operating systems and technologies used for web applications, e.g Linux, databases, backups, CDNs
- Datadog, Cloudwatch, Zabbix, TrackJS, Locust, Eggplant, Graphana
- CI/CD with Jenkins & Docker
- Experience with configuration management (Chef or Puppet or similar)
- AWS experience (RDS, S3, CloudFront, Lambda etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or programming language - Bash, Python, Ruby etc.
- Terraform experience - advantageous
- Kubernetes experience
Opportunity to work on the modern and exciting technologies such as Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Prometheus and Terraform.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a SRE DevOps Engineer looking to make their mark on some exciting and highly-regarded projects. The company are passionate about being at the forefront of technology and so you will be invited to make suggestions on the implementation of tech and new ways of working.
There are ample opportunities for personal development and career progression within the business. Moreover, you will regularly receive training and opportunities to further your skill-set.